Friday, September 16, 2011

Passing Time By

So many of you know the mess we are in right now but I figured I'd tell the story!  While we were in New Mexico I got a lovely phone call from my dear friend and neighbor telling us our house had flooded...not just a little pool in the kitchen....4 inches deep of water, running out the backdoor and garage door.  The main line to the sink decided to bust while we were out of town!!  That day we called our landlords (who live 3 hours from the house) and they immediately called the insurance company to get things started. 
We got home to a garage FULL of our belongings....including kitchen cabinets, counter tops, a toilet, and sinks.  We had nothing but the subflooring in the kitchen and bathroom and the old carpet just laying on the floor in dining and living room.  WHAT A MESS!!!

This is our kitchen!!

.....and bathroom (I told Garrett that is where little boys and girls go pee in China and you could instantly see the wheels start to turn....I quickly stated, "Not here though!!")

So that's NOT the worse of it!!  As we are getting use to living in this half of a house we discover that our laptop is missing.  After a day in a half of searching I discover my jewelry box is gone as well.  After looking around we also discover we have several homemade jelly jars and DVD's that are missing as well!!  There is NO sign of break in, so the only thing we can figure is the people coming in to dry the house out took our stuff!!  HOW RUDE!!!!
We were made up for our belongings with a monetary value but the feeling of violation and sadness still run deep.

Our church family and close friends have been so wonderful to us during this horrible time.  Several people have invited us to dinner, the church set up for people to bring meals Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and my friends from exercise are filling in the other days.  People have sent generous checks and gift cards!!  It is just amazing and makes me want to reach out all the more!! Thank you to EVERYONE who has been so kind to us!!

During this time we have looked at the things that have been important to us.  Our children are healthy and safe.  Our upstairs was unharmed in the water damage.  I have this blog with all my photos.  I have a wonderful neighbor that allows me to wash our dishes in her sink everynight.  The list goes on!!  Here is some proof that we are doing great!!




....see, we're doing just fine!!
THANK YOU AGAIN to everyone for all your prayers and support!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment