Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Life....plus another cake :)


There is a church down the road from us that has a FREE exercise group that meets Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!!  It's AWESOME!!!  Everyone has little kids, so the kids just run around and play.  On Monday we do Zumba~ which may I say is AWESOME!!  I'm NOT a dancer but it sure is fun to pretend!!  Then on Wednesday we do a aerobic/weights and Friday's a ballet dancer teaches a ballet/weight class!!  All the teachers are volunteers!!  It's fun because I get to exercise but it's also like a play group!!  The kids LOVE going!!


We also signed Garrett up for T-ball this year!!  He's had two practices so far.  I believe his first game is April 9th!!!


.....and now for the CAKE!!!

Oreo Covered Chocolate Covered Cherry Cake

1 white cake box mix
2 boxes of chocolate covered cherries
2 containers of buttercream frosting (I think cream cheese frosting would be yummy too!)
1 box of Oreos
1 jar of hot fudge (the kind you get for ice cream)


1.) Bake two cakes (I did six inch cakes, but any size would work)  Level the cakes (cut the humps off so they're both flat on top)
2.) Place the cake on wax paper (believe me this cake is messy....you'll thank me later!)
3.)  Frost the cake with a good amount of frosting on top (it's part of your middle layer)
4) Place chocolate covered cherries on top and then frost over them (you can put it in the freezer to make it firmer...it makes it a little easier to work with)
5.) Place the second cake on top of that ( I recommend putting the first layer and chocolate cover cherry layer in the freezer for about 15-30 mins before putting the top layer on). 
6.) Frost the entire cake!

7.) Poor hot fudge all over the entire cake (told you the wax paper would be helpful!)  I had to spread it around with a knife.
8.) Cover it with crushed oreos.  Top with a dab of frosting and a cherry!

ENJOY!

1 comment: