Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dr. Joshua Lee Sorenson


....well he will be.

This is my husband, soon to be.....Dr. Joshua Lee Sorenson.

I always post pictures of the kids and brag on them and I just wanted to take a few minutes to brag on my husband!!  As much as I get annoyed with him at times (don't hate, you know you get just as annoyed with your spouse too....we ALL do!!) he's really awesome and I don't give him enough credit...and believe me credit is due!!  

This man has A LOT on his plate and manages to get everything done!!  His alarm is usually set somewhere in the 5:00 hour (I'm not sure exactly when because I'm FAST ASLEEP....and YES that's AM)!!  He then heads to school to get work done BEFORE class starts, so he can come home as soon as class is over with....but that's not usually until after 5:00.....PM!!  He then comes home....sometimes to dinner being ready, and sometimes not....oops!!  We eat (which sometimes he fixes for us) and he helps get everything cleaned up.  He plays with the kids for a little bit then helps put them to bed.  He then either studies or spends the rest of the evening with me before he heads off to bed.  If he has to go to school on Saturday, he usually gets up really earlier and goes so he can come home by the time we're getting around, so he can spend the day with us!!  

He NEVER misses church, NEVER misses Life Group (Wednesday night church), ALWAYS plays with the kids (even if it can only be for a few minutes), and ALWAYS makes time for me.  He watches the kids most weekends so I can work.  Gets the kids up and ready and takes them to school with him the days I have to work....so we can exchange them (I get off at 7:30am and he has class at 8:00am at the same place...it's pretty AWESOME).  Fixes dinner AT LEAST twice a week if not more.  Washes dishes every night.  Does a load of laundry every once in a while.  Stays up until midnight fluffing balls to make his 2 year daughters birthday party pretty!

He's pretty awesome!!  He might not have everything down and know exactly what I want, when I want it....but I am girl and that can be a little hard.  I can say that I he tries....and truly tries.  He WANTS to make me happy and does whatever he can to fulfill my needs.  If I want to go marriage counseling...he goes.  If I want to have a romantic night...we do.  If I want to watch a chic flick...we watch one.  
Josh, thank you for trying so hard to make our lives better.  Thank you for being the awesome father you are being to our children!!  You are an amazing husband, an amazing father, and you're going to be an amazing doctor!!  I love you!!

PS....do you notice the chipmunk mouth!!!  They have been practicing giving each other injections and I guess his partner didn't do such a great job!!  His check is all swollen and sore.  The oral surgeons said they aren't sure what happened but there's a big pocket of blood in there (hematoma).  He said it hurts pretty bad....AND he can't take any pain relievers because they thin your blood and it could make it worse!!  POOR GUY!!  






No comments:

Post a Comment