Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chicken Stock


I was reading another friend's blog and saw that she made her own chicken stock, so I decided to give it a try!!!  You save ALL your extra veggies left overs....including skins and peels (that would sound good in chicken broth- exclude asperagus, tomatos, etc...).  I actually ONLY had the ends that I would USUALLY throw away.  You also save all leftover poultry...including bones!!  (You don't have to have the poultry...then it would be veggie stock!)  You put them in a freezer bag and let them accumulate.  When your bag is full you throw it in a pot, fill it with water...I used about 8 cups, throw some seasonings in....I used about a teaspoon of each..."give or take"
Basal
Garlic press (minced and skin)
Sage
Thyme
Salt
Pepper
Italian Seasoning
Parsley
I then brought it to a boil and let it boil about 20 mins.  Then I turned it down to low/simmer ALL day.  When I went to bed that night I turned the stove off...left the covered broth and turned it back on low when I woke up and let it simmer all day again!!  That night I had CHICKEN BROTH....and it is GOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment