Saturday, November 7, 2009

Isaiah 41:10

Isaiah 41:10- "fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

I bought a devotional book for Garrett this week and we started reading it the next day. The first devotional was on "Fear" with the bible verse being Isaiah 41:10. I read it to him and then explained it to him. We read the story, talked about, and it has a little activity after it that he did. Today when we sat down to do it again he asked me if we were going to talk about being scared. When I told him no, that it was a new lesson he said God says, "Don't be scared, I am with you" in this precious 3 year old Garrett voice!! He is SO smart....I am completely amazed by his understanding everyday.
Another great story that happened this week with him. He was reading with Nana before bed and they were talking about Jonah. Nana asked him how many days Jonah was in the whale for...he said 5. When she said no, it was 3, Garrett started arguing with her saying his teacher said it was 5. The next morning Jody told Garrett to tell me how many days Jonah was in the whale and he said "my teacher said Jonah was in the whale 5 days." When he wouldn't believe me, I told him, "when something like this happens we need to go to the bible and read it because God wrote the bible and the bible is ALWAYS right." His response to me was "well God wrote my teacher's bible too!" That kid!!

Lord, right now I pray that You surround Josh and I while raising these two beautiful kids. Give us the wisdom and knowledge to raise them in Your sight and for us to show them how important a relationship with You is. Touch their hearts, give them the desire to seek You and put You first in their lives. Bring people into our lives to help us, people with wisdom and understanding already to guide and direct us. Thank You for giving us the opportunity and trusting us with YOUR children. We love You and praise You! Amen

3 comments:

  1. He is such a smart boy, I'm impressed! Did you find a kids devotional? What is the title? I would love to read something like this with Dax.

    I hope that you guys are doing well! Can't wait to see you in Dec!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather, I got two. One is the Devotional in a Year for Kids (so we can use it every year, even when Haylee gets older) and the other one is Fun Devotions for Boys, Gotta Have God, Ages 2-5. I like that one because there is an activity at the end of each one. I'll pick you one up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, well thank you! I'm excited to read it with my boy!

    ReplyDelete