Tuesday, August 9, 2011


So while my sister and her new husband  are starting new jobs and having first day of graduate school and my sweet husband is working 10 days learning how to put on crowns and perform root canals, the kids and are having a BLAST!!!!  Today a group of us loaded up and took a trip about 45 minutes south of us to a new indoor waterpark/H2O museum!!!  This isn't just any waterpark!!!  This waterpark has a 747 sitting on top of the building that has FOUR slides coming out of the airplane!!  Can you say AMAZING!!!!!  The Evergreen Wings and Waves is on the same campus as the Spruce Groose which is at the Evergreen Aviation Museum.  






























Garrett and Haylee ready to ROCK and ROLL!!

The SPLASH PAD!!!


Haylee and her B.F.F. Kathryn!!!  They had so much fun on the "baby" slides!!!



Last week they has sand in every nook and cranny of their bodies....this week they are squeaky clean!!




Haylee enjoying the wave pool from afar!!

Garrett was SO amazing!!  He did EVERY slide but one (and he wasn't big enough to do that one).  These were BIG slides!!!  You had to sit on an inter tube and they had double ones so me and him went on them all (the pictures above are the "kiddy" slides)!!  After we did them all I talked him into going down one by himself!!!  I was a little nervous.  They were huge and took about 30 seconds to get down them and what if he fell off the tube or got scared in the middle and I wasn't there, but I knew he'd love it!!  He wasn't so sure at first but I talked him into it and when we got to the top he got situated on his tube and the life guard gave him a little push down the slide and he accidently turned around BACKGROUND!!!  We hear from the tube "I''''''''MMMMMMMMMMMMMM GOOOOOOOOOOINNNGGGGG BACKKKWAAAAAAAAAARD'SSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My heart is racing and all the lifeguards and myself are watching this little TV they have of the bottom of the slide to see if he's ok.  He FINALLY gets to the bottom and jumps up!!  I ask if they can tell if he's crying as I take off down the slide!!  I get to the bottom thinking he'll be mad at me and he has this huge smile on his face and said, "I went BACKWARDS the WHOLE way!!!!  It was AWESOME!!!!"



Winkly Toes!!



H2O Museum





Am I cut out to be an Astronaut?



What a GREAT day and a GREAT couple of weeks!! We are enjoying our summer!!  I'm sorry to all of you who are in 100+ degree weather!!  Come to Oregon and enjoy our 70 degree's!!!  Our fun doesn't stop yet either!!  On Saturday we are headed to New Mexico to visit Nana and Papa and when we get home from NM Grandma and Grandpa are coming for a couple days then we head to Seattle, WA to meet up with Lindsey and Steve for our cruise to Alaska!!!  What a FUN FILLED SUMMER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment