Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Five Years Ago

Five years ago my life changed FOREVER!!  I changed from being a teenager to a young women.  I changed from not having a career to starting my career in nursing.  I changed from being Erica to being MOM!!  My baby turned FIVE yesterday!!!  What a wonderful day!!  I was up making breakfast and looked at the clock it was 6:20 am   (7:20am NM time....aka the same EXACT time Garrett was born) and at that moment Garrett walked down the hall and saw that I decorated downstairs and his gift was on the table.....he said, "HOLY COW!!!"  I had to laugh because that's probably what I was saying about 5 years ago at that exact time!!!!
Garrett's birthday was filled with all kinds of craziness.....exactly how he likes it!!!  Our neighbor is the middle of moving so they are staying with us for a few days, so Leni (who is 6) and Garrett had a sleepover!!  It was the first day of VBS, he had a T-ball party that evening, and this was the start of Josh's finals week!!!  Just like I said.....just the way Garrett likes it..... CHAOS!!!  It was a fun day though!!  
I got up early and made French toast, eggs, and bacon....we put candles in Garrett's French toast and sang Happy Birthday!!!

.....AND open his present!! 


We got him a Spiderman watch....he's been obsessed with this little toy watch he got at a birthday party and I thought it would be a good way for him to learn about time!!
We went on to VBS which was awesome!!!  When Josh came home we ate dinner and then went to this AWESOME kid's place....Out of This World Pizza!!  It's a pizza place....but the kids LOVE playing there so much they don't eat very well....that's why we ate dinner before we went!!!

Isn't it AWESOME!!  The kids had so much fun!!  Little Miss Haylee is such a dare devil!!  She's doing things Garrett won't do!!!  Including this HUGE blow up slide.....that says for 5 years and older I might add.....

That's my GIRL!!!

Garrett had a blast too and he learned that he LOVES the HUGE blue slide (you can actually see the red one a little better but they are the same!)!!  You can see it in the picture above!!  He was SO scared but I made him go on it and then he wouldn't stop!!  He went on it over and over and over again!!!

After they played for a little bit all the kids got trophies!!  
WHAT A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!  

And then all his teammates sang Happy Birthday!!!


I made this cake....the front said GO TIGERS....for his team and then the back said GARRETT!!!  One of the other mom's made the tiger and stuff on top!!  AMAZING!!!!!  
Isn't that AWESOME!!!

The back of the cake!!

GO GARRETT!!!

Happy Birthday little MAN!!  You are such an awesome little boy!!  I hope you had a GREAT birthday!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Garrett! What a fun day! And what an AMAZING cake..as usual!

    ReplyDelete