Thursday, April 7, 2011

Super Mom

After Haylee was born I didn't think I wanted anymore kids.  I had my boy and my girl and we were done.  Then after a few months....really after I forgot about the HORRIBLE pain, I thought that I might want one more.  Then we moved to Oregon and go to a church where several families have 4 or 5 or even 6 kids and it's so neat watching the families interact.  All the brothers and sisters, and grandchildren.  How awesome would that be!!!  The only thing is....can I handle 4 or 5 little ones?
On Wednesday I declared I CAN!!!  Some friends of ours had their baby six weeks early and baby Joshua has to stay in the hospital for a few weeks until he can start eating and gaining wait, but they have THREE little ones at home.  A kindergarten (I'm not sure how old she is), a four year old boy, and a two or three year old girl.  I offered to watch them (the two younger ones....the older one was at school) yesterday so they could go spend some quality time with Joshua in the hospital....the only thing is I HAD to go to the grocery store!!
We ate lunch, then I packed all four kids in the car (may I add that four car seats take up a lot of room), and we headed to WINCO (for anyone that doesn't know what WINCO is....well let me say it's worse that Wal-mart!! It's the cheapest place to shop around here but it's HUGE and the carts are horrible and you have to bag your own groceries (but you save a TON of money)!  I got one of those kids carts....the one that makes your cart extra long.  I put the two little girls in the seats and then the boys stood at their feet and held on.  We made it through in an HOUR!!  A WHOLE WEEK OF FOOD THROUGH WINCO IN AN HOUR!!!  
We got home, I put a movie on for the older ones, put the littles ones down for a nap, put dinner on the stove, and had all the groceries unpacked in 30 minutes!!!  Can you say SUPER WOMEN?!?!
The kids had such a good time playing together!!

Haylee needed her picture taken too!! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That could have been a TOTAL NIGHTMARE! You were definitely doing something right. For me, it was hardest to be a mom when I had two, but once #3 came along, everything seemed to strike a balance. If I can do it, you can TOTALLY do it!

    ReplyDelete