Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Silk Tie Dyed Eggs

So I know I put a link for these on the previous posting but I wanted to tell you how to make them so you can try it out!!!!  SO EASY AND FUN!!!

1.) Get 100% silk ties (I got several from Goodwill for $2.00 each)....the darker the better!!
2.) Cut the ties big enough to go around the egg...we put the eggs in the tie and bunched it up at the top like a gift basket
3.) Cut up an old white t-shirt the same size at the ties
4.) Take RAW eggs and wrap the ties tightly around the eggs
5.) Wrap the white shirt around the tie and egg (helps keeps the color in)
6.) Fill a pot up with water to cover the eggs with vinegar (I just poured some in the pot)
7.) Bring to a boil and boil for 20 minutes.
8.) Unwrap when cool enough to touch and look at your creation!!

Here's some pictures of Garrett and Haylee's best friend Noah!!
They are all watching Dora together.

Garrett and Noah kissing Haylee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment