Tuesday, September 8, 2009

An update on Garrett


He wanted to dress himself and this is how he came downstairs!!


He wanted to make cookies...don't worry I was helping him!!


I wanted to write a little about Garrett. I'm always updating about Haylee because she's changing so fast, but Garrett is growing up before our eyes! Garrett is 3 years and a quarter and is a COMPLETE MESS!!! He is very much like both Josh and I.....he is into everything, TOTALLY friendly to EVERYONE, stubborn, talks back, LOVES to ARGUE, and full of energy like his mother and thinks he's always right, stubborn, hates to talk on the phone, tunes you out and wakes up early like his father!! Despite all those qualities he is SO MUCH fun to be around. We are ALWAYS laughing when he's around. He is always making up things he says...for example today I told him and I didn't get a hug from him and he gave me a hug and then said "SHABAM, Mama, you're it, tatkitu!!" just like what he was saying made complete sense!! He has a memory that will blow your mind away!! He told us the other day what we did on Halloween LAST year!! He is incredibly smart! He starts preschool this year, two days a week for a couple of hours in the morning. He is really excited about that. He is also doing really good health wise. We had his 3 year old appt the other day and he weighs 30 lbs 2 oz which is the 40th % (we are SO excited about that) because he has NEVER been over 10%!! He was also 3 feet and 1 inch...I don't remember what percentile that was...I was too excited about the weight!! He is such a good big brother. He helps me (sometimes), but has NEVER shown a jealous bone when it comes to Haylee and he is usually SUPER gentle with her. He'll talk to her in a high pitch voice and when she cries he'll tell "Haylee, Mommy is going to feed you in just a minute, don't cry pretty girl!!" He is a blast! Well I need to get because I hear banging down stairs and he's alone with dog!! OH MY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment