Sunday, April 21, 2013

Favorite Moment with Garrett

I spent an amazing weekend up on Mt Hood at our annual ladies retreat!!  It was such an amazing, spiritual weekend!!  I returned home this evening and we were sitting around talking on the couch with the kids and Garrett out of the blue asked me what it meant to be born again.  He said...

 'I was reading my bible and Jesus was talking to an old guy and the old guy asked Jesus how to get to heaven and Jesus told him that he had to be born again and the old guy thought that was weird.' 

He was reading his bible ON HIS OWN!!!  We have not enforced him or told him to read his Bible on his own time.  Not only did he read his bible on his own he understood (kinda) what it was saying and enough to come ask to us to explain it further!!

I think this moment has probably been my most favorite with my son!!  What an amazing kid this is!!  God is touching this little boys heart and I know He has some great and mighty plans for this little guy!!

Thank you God for giving this amazing child to us.  Please continue to touch him and draw him close to you!!  Help us raise him to always want to read his Bible and understand your words.  We love you SO much!!!

1 comment:

  1. I remember when his Grandpa asked me that question, I explained how Jesus wants to forgive our sins and come into our heart, all we have to do is tell Him we are sorry and please for give us and ask Him to come in. Then, ran to his room a was there a bit, came back and with a big smile on his face said, "I did it!"

    ReplyDelete